Filigree, enamel and custom handmade jewelry
Nora designs, forms, files, saws, fuses, hammers, and polishes every piece of jewelry by hand. She mainly works with Argentium sterling silver - a hypoallergenic, highly tarnish resistant silver alloy guaranteed to be made using 100% recycled metal. Filigree and fused glass enamel jewelry make up the majority of her work, as well as custom wedding and engagement rings. Each filigree piece takes multiple hours to complete - forming every wire shape individually and ensuring they fit into the outline without overcrowding is a precise art. While the jewelry looks delicate, the joining of the wires forms a surprisingly strong web of silver.
Take a workshop!
You can learn to make jewelry with Nora at Ignite Jewelry Studios - a shared studio Nora runs with business partner Jessica Hall of Bluebird Designs.
"I am passionate about taking the skills I have come to love so much and passing them on to others. Every student brings a new story and fresh outlook to the studio, keeping us invigorated and always moving forward. It is incredibly rewarding to see that spark light up inside when it all clicks into place and they ‘get it’! I am honored to be a part of that process." - Nora McMullen
Visit the gallery!
Come by Tuesday - Saturday to see the jewelry for yourself!
- Autumn Leaf Earrings - Wednesday, October 23
- Autumn Leaf Earrings - Thursday, October 31
- Silver + Glass Earrings - Friday, November 1
- Silver + Glass Earrings - Wednesday, November 6
- Silver Drop Earrings - Friday, November 8
- Silver + Glass Earrings - Saturday, November 16
- Silver + Glass Earrings - Wednesday, November 20
- Silver Drop Earrings - Friday, November 22
- Silver + Glass Earrings - Wednesday, December 4
- Silver Drop Earrings - Friday, December 6
- Silver + Glass Earrings - Wednesday, December 18
- Silver Drop Earrings - Friday, December 20
- Silver + Glass Earrings - Saturday, December 21
- Silver Drop Earrings - Friday, January 17
- Silver Drop Earrings - Friday, January 31