- This event has passed.
December 8 @ 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Saturday, December 8th, 2018 Special Second Saturday events:
A free trolley will be circling around the River Arts District from 10 am – 4:30 pm
December on Depot
Depot Street- various locations
Studios all along Depot Street will be open for extended evening hours during this day-long annual holiday event. Visitors can meet the artists, see demonstrations, sample holiday snacks and beverages and find a perfect one-of-a-kind artistic gift. Participating studios include: Trackside Studios, Daniel McClendon LIFT Studios, Studio A & Holly de Saillan Clay & Collage at Pink Dog Creative, and EcoDepot Marketplace.
375 Depot St
Artists Reception: Nobody knows toys like grandmas. Three artists, grandmothers all, will show paintings of toys they have gifted to children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, and children of friends at Trackside Studios.
357 Depot Street
10am – 5pm
The Gift of Art + The Season of Giving = Meaningful times ahead. The artists at NorthLight Studios share creativity with you through their talents: landscape, streetscape, impressionist, abstract, still life and figurative paintings, animal art, functional furniture and home accessories. In celebration of the true meaning of the season, each of the artists are donating a percentage of sales to Homeward Bound of WNC, “the key to ending homelessness.” Please join us on December 8th for beautiful works of art, libations, appetizers and merriment!
362 Depot St.
Cindy Lou Chenard will be demonstrating her unique process – “Art Des Couches De Bois” Dimensional Landscapes. Also, see Jenny Ellis and her “Artful Chairs”, “Hanji Lamps” by Pamella O’Connor, Karen Noel’s watercolors, and more art! Join us for wine and light appetizers.
St. Claire Art – Pink Dog Creative
344 Depot St.
All day – Artist will be demonstrating various stages of his multi-layer technique called “dialuminism,” creating backlit oil paintings by capturing reflected light.
Studio A – Pink Dog Creative
344 Depot St. Suite 100
Pysanky demos from 12-4, Holiday party with refreshments and giveaways from 4-7pm
408 Depot St.
Holiday Cheer at it’s finest – food, wine, song, specials! Come meet the artists while you do your holiday shopping!
Mark Bettis Studios
123 Roberts St.
Winter White Holiday Show and MarketPlace with guest artist.
Phil Mechanic Studios
109 Roberts St.
Live music by Jimmy Paneda, Stained-glass weaving by the World’s Best Tape Artist, Stephen Lange. Painting with palette knives by Frederic Payet, cold wax and pastel art by Deanna Chillian, just to name a few!
Philip DeAngelo Studios
115 Roberts St. 10am – 4pm
- Tanya Franklin will be demonstrating her stained glass technique of creating beautiful landscapes and Christmas trees.
- Asheville artist Philip DeAngelo is celebrating 10 years in the Wedge Building of Asheville‘s historic River Arts District. Come celebrate with us on Second Saturday, December 8th from 4:00 – 6:30 pm!Curve Studios9 Riverside Dr
Holiday Shopping at Curve! A festive shopping experience. Cassie Butcher will be making some special ‘soulmates’ for the event. We will have jewelry, ceramics, clothes and photographs! Come and see the makers making.
111-129 Roberts St
•Wedge Studios Holiday Celebration …all Studios will be participating with special holiday offerings, demos, and a variety of cookie selections to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- Wedge Studios hosts Artisan Holiday Pop-up Marketplace, guest artists include Renee GaudetDesigns–her contemporary jewelry line incorporates kinetic movement to emphasize depth and line. Also Aaron Laquinto, a master spoon maker using his intuition & mindfulness to create one of a kind pieces that dance on the line of purity of form and function. Many more guest artists hosted throughout Wedge Studios
- Joyce Thornburg in Studio 2B2 will be hosting guest artist Samantha Rae, abstract and figurative artist from 1- AM to 5 PM. A wide selection of Samantha’s work in acrylic, oil pastels , and charcoal will be on display. This intuitive artist’s intentions are to make people stop and think and step out of their comfort zones.North Carolina Glass Center140 C Roberts St
Come shop with us for this holiday season, we have various workshops, gift certificates, and handmade objects by 30 great artists! When shopping local, it directly affects our community studio. Everyone enjoys handmade, so stop by and support our education based non-profit for this holiday season.
Odyssey Co-op Gallery and Studio
238 Clingman Ave.
11am – 5pm
Featured artists Dyann Myers and Vivian Saich will be doing live demos along with live music and refreshments.
RAD South-Riverview Station and The Foundation
191 Lyman St./Foundy St. 10-7pm
- Holiday Market involving over 80 Artists exhibiting original artwork. Including a scavenger hunt with prizes.
- In studio painting demos of Asheville landscapes by Peter Roux at Studio #249, 2-8pm. Wine & snacks all day, and holiday discounts of up to 20% on all original artwork.
- RAD South Holiday Market! South Entrance, Catherine Heaton, Upstairs Open Studio #213- Drawings & Paintings
- Special edition artwork created for December Second Saturday Holiday Market. Still life botanical image by Karen Maugans Gallery and plant dyed, block printed silk scarf by Barbara Zaretsky.310 Art191 Lyman St. at Riverview Station
10am – 8pm
Come to a Festive Holiday Evening Arts Event. Lots of art, Demos, Refreshments and Libations, Scavenger hunt with prizes, and more. Get original one of a kind handcrafted gifts for that special person!!
191 Lyman St.
Experience the energy of a Painting Performance as Abstract Expressionist artist Jonas Gerard paints to loud, rhythmic world music, allowing his subconscious to guide him to create art filled with light, color and warmth.
1 Roberts St.
10am – 8pm
Studio Open House & print raffle at Irene Flores Studio!