Encaustic + Journals + Classes
“I am an encaustic artist and bookbinder, smitten with beeswax and bindings. My current direction in encaustic is driven by a daily photography practice, capturing abstraction within ordinary objects and elasticity of light as it dances around shadow and reflection. My imagery aims to convey a feeling of hushing and holding, peace and tranquility, and awe with our surrounding beauty.
For years, encaustic and bookbinding were separate entities in my life – the art and craft, the experimental and meditative – and I craved a convergence. My encaustic journals are designed to honor the blank book as an art form and as a vessel of possibilities.”
- Waxagrams: Photo Transfer and Encaustic - Saturday, March 7
- Greek Stitch Journals: Coptic With A Twist - Saturday, May 2
- Wax, Paper, Thread: Encaustic Printed Books - Saturday, July 18
- Waxagrams: Photo Transfer and Encaustic - Saturday, September 12
- Longstitch Library: Bind a Bunch of Books - Saturday, November 7