Chair Caning School & Living Museum
Visit the nation’s only chair caning school & living museum at CURVE Studios & Garden. Operated by two chair nerds on a mission to prove that chair caning is not a lost art, this FREE museum is kid and dog friendly. While some museums have static exhibits, Brandy and Dave kept the workshop and classroom open so that visitors can see the weaving happening. The museum area features a chair wall with 8 basic styles of weaving with information about the materials, history, and process of each style. Informational panels about materials and history will inspire a reverence for this ancient and global craft. Warning: you might become a chair nerd.
- Laced Caning Class - Monday, September 9
- Intro Workshop: Laced Caning - Saturday, September 14
- Intro Workshop: Rush Weaving - Saturday, October 12
- Shaker Tape Weaving Class - Sunday, November 10
- Intro Workshop: Laced Caning - Saturday, December 14