The River Arts District consists of galleries, working artist studios, businesses, a brewery, restaurants, a music venue, performing arts venues, and more.
Studio hours vary from artist to artist, making a visit like a expedition to see what and who you can find. Check out the calendar for artist’s open studio hours.
Top 10 ways to prepare for your River Arts District Visit:
1. Download & look through the Studio Guide
2. Check out our RAD blog and Facebook for the local happenings.
3. Meet some artists through our series of interviews on the River Arts District Blog.
4. Think of your visit as a treasure hunt: finding artists whose hours are parallel to your own. Look for open signs & open doors.
5. Bring the kiddos. The district is a family friendly destination with many mediums to explore, many artists to meet and much creativity to absorb!
6. Do a little bit of research before you visit to make sure you get to see what you’re really interested in. Interested in a certain medium? Check out our artist by medium page and jot down who you want to see.
7. If you really want to see a particular studio or artist, call ahead and make sure they are open.
8. Wear comfortable shoes—most of the district is within walking distance, although you'll find a car does come in handy to get to some of the furtherest-out studios (and you won't want to miss them!)
9. Don't worry about meters! Parking in the district is free. You can park on the street or in designated lots outside of studios. (Do keep an eye out for tow signs in certain areas.)
10. Come hungry (and thirsty!) There are many restaurants, a few bars and a brewery all here in the district! (see list to the right)
Questions? Stop & ask a local, we are friendly & appreciate visitors!
_Best days of the week to visit: Friday & Saturday.
Best time of the month to visit: the Second Saturday of each month — The River Arts District is proud to participate in the region-wide Second Saturday Initiative, Collect Art Asheville. Artists open their studios and share their creations.
Best time of the year to visit: The Bi-annual Studio Stroll [June 9th & 10th and November 10th & 11th] The whole district comes more alive, artists open their studios & provide hand-on demonstrations. Family Friendly & Fun!
- Stroll/2nd Saturday
- 352 Depot Street
- 362 Depot
- 375 Depot Studios & Gallery
- Cotton Mill Studios
- CURVE studios & garden
- David C. Stewart Studios
- Desert Moon Designs Studios
- Galaxy Studios
- Hatchery Studios
- Jonas Gerard Fine Art
- The Lift Studios
- Noble Forge
- Northlight Studios
- Odyssey Center
- Phil Mechanic Studios
- Pink Dog Creative
- Riverside Studios
- Riverview Station
- Roberts Street Studios
- Switchyard Studios
- Tannery Studios
- Warehouse Studios
- The Wedge
- Associate Members of RADA
- WHO'S OPEN?